Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Painful Dizziness......

It was a normal day on Monday. I got up at 6:40am and went to class. As usual, we had a 30-minutes quiz at the beginning of the class. Everything was just fine, except I felt extremely hungry this day.... I did have my breakfast, but just not that much. I ate 2 pieces of chocolate during the break and hope it would give me some energy from arising my blood sugar. Luckily, the class was dismissed 30 minutes earlier than usual and I went home immediately, eager to get some food.

When I got home, I came into my room, opened my laptop, got my cell phone and tried to send a text message to my dear Richard, all of a sudden, I felt very dizzy!!!! The things in front of my eyes started to turn around like I just finished 3 rides of Roller coaster....I almost fell down on the floor!!! That's not a good sign. I told Richard that I was not feeling well in the text, then slowly changed my clothes and lay down on my sofa. I could barely move my body because every movement made me feel nauseous. My stomach was empty by that time since I haven't got a chance to eat anything, nevertheless, the nausea even made it worse!!! 3 minutes later, Richard text me back and asked if I was ok. I replied no, and told him that I couldn't get out of my sofa to see a doctor. He asked me to drink more water and go to sleep, it should be fine.

After 20 minutes, I couldn't stand the nauseous feelings anymore so I got up and tried to reach the bathroom. I had a feeling that it was the longest way I ever had in my life......Fortunately, one of my roommates, Noel, was home, and he saw me staggering in the hallway. He came to help me get into the bathroom and set me on the toilet. I tried to vomit, wondering if it could make me feel better. The answer was: not really!!! I felt even weaker after I vomited.......Anyway, I went to the kitchen to get some water, and Noel asked if he needed to call an ambulance for me. I said it was not necessary because I had this dizziness before. The only thing I need was to lie down and get some sleep. So, he helped me get back to my sofa (I have no strength to climb onto my bed), and I asked him to climb upstairs and drag the blankets on my beds for me.

I slept for almost 3.5 hours till 4:30pm, and started to feel a bit better. I got up to the kitchen and wanted to eat something. There's a pot of soup which I cooked the other day and I reheated it up and drank some of them. Noel was home and he helped me to cook some rice. After I drank the soup, I took one tablet of stomach pill and then went back to sleep again.

8:00pm I woke up again because of hunger. At this moment, I felt better than I was in the afternoon, but still a little bit dizzy. Couldn't move my body quickly, I could only sit on the chair in the kitchen and eat the rice and soup slowly. At that time, all my roommates were back and they all asked me if I was better. Noel told them that I was in a not-so-good condition so that if any of them happens to see me staggering in the hallway, they should ask me if I need help 'cuz I was definitely not drunk.

10:30pm, I called home to tell my mom that I need some pills from the doctor for dizziness. 11:00pm I took a shower and then went upstairs to sleep.

Tuesday morning, when I woke up at 8:00am, I was just thinking about Richard, wondering if he would write me a mail or text me a message. Suddenly, my cell-phone rang due to receiving a message. It was him!!!! I was very happy, although I was still a bit dizzy by that time. I replied him as fast as I could and told him not to worry too much. Also, I decided not to go to the group meeting in the afternoon and stayed at home for more rest. I did the assignment and took a short nap. Not until the evening did I really feel totally recovered. For the past 2 days, I lost almost 1 kg.(2 pounds)

Thank God!!! I was alive again!!!

1 comment:

Nartaya said...

Hey~babe~

Hope your dizziness will nolonger happen!!It sounds horrible. Glad to talk with you on msn long, and thanks for your financial class. :-P

I just met my cousin, who is a nurse in LA, last Sunday. In Taiwan for sure. I think she will be still in LA for years. Although it is a long distance from SF to LA, I can give you her contact information if you need any help.