Sunday, September 9, 2007

Getting Intensive~

School has already started for 3 weeks. Things are going well but I'm also getting a little bit stressful. My weekend is not so exciting. I spent almost the whole Saturday figuring out one of the assignments and completing it. Today, I need to do some reading because I have a quiz on Monday.

Sean came to my place for dinner on Friday. We went to the Chinese supermarket together to buy some domestic things. I bought a new cooking pot and a pottery pot. We cooked onion pork and stir-fried vegetables together for dinner.


Sean will come to my place tomorrow for lunch. I cut my finger(right index) last night and I'm unable to do the cooking. So, I'll just tell him how to do the cooking and I can just sit by the table and wait for eating. Well, I should be able to help a little by tomorrow, but learning how to cook is the reason he stopped by anyway. :-p

The studying is now getting more intensive. I have 6 courses for this semester. But the program divided the semester into 2 parts. For the first half semester(8 weeks till 10/19), there are 3 courses.They are "Financial Institutions & Markets(Mon.)," "Corporate Finance(Wed.),"
and "Microeconomics for Finance(Fri.)." I have assignments for every course almost every week. And these assignments are all due in a week. There are also quizzes for the "Financial Institutions & Markets" and "Corporate Finance" every week starting from this week. O well, I
guess I can handle all of them, especially I've experienced something similar at MIT.

I'm now considering enrolling in the June 2008 CFA(Chartered Financial Analyst) exam. CFA Institute is the global, not-for-profit association of investment professionals that awards the CFA and CIPM designations. If I want to go into the financial business in the future, I'll need to pass the CFA exams and get the CFA designation. The exams have 3 levels and I have to pass level 1 to get into level 2, and so on. Level 1&2 are only hold twice a year. One is on the first Saturday of June(Sunday in Asia), another is on the first Saturday of December(Sunday in Asia). I've taken the level 1 exam twice 2 years ago but I didn't pass. The enrollment fee is really very expensive (almost the same price of my rent for one level), and studying for this exam is very stressful, so I'm really seriously considering the possibility of passing the one in June 2008. The first enrollment deadline is Sept. 26. I need to make the decision before that and enroll online.

Here is the link of this institute, if anyone wants to know a little more about it, just check it out.
http://www.cfainstitute.org/

Ok, This is boring enough of my life. Let's talk about something else. I've sent a package to Richard 1 month ago and he still hasn't received it yet. The package is important because it's the gift I wanted to give him for the Chinese Valentine's Day. There is an album frame with the pictures we took together in it. And I also wrote down some lines for him on a SF postcard and put it in the package. I hope he can find it if possible. I sent it on 8/14 and it should be arrived already. I also sent one postcard to my Brazilian friend, Renata and Herton, on the same day and they've received it 2 weeks ago. By the way, Richard likes the "Ice Cream" picture that Sean drew for me. He printed out and put it on his desk. I'm flattered to hear that.

I'll go to the gym on Monday. Just find out there are some interesting courses to go: Body Sculpting, Pilates Mat, and Power Yoga. I'm losing my weight recently and I'm delighted about this fact. Now it's time to do some exercise to keep my body fit. I'll live a healthy and happy life here and become more charming and sexier before I meet Richard at the end of this year. Hahaha~~~ ^__^

No comments: