Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A pain in the ass...

This semester is really, really, really a pain in the ass.... too much homework, too many quizzes, to many things that I could not understand, too complicated....the finals are coming in 2 weeks. My brain is like a piece of swiss cheese and could not well functioning. Plus the CFA exam is also around the corner, I have a feeling that if I can make it through all the way to the CFA exam, I'll be completely another person, like a new-born baby, waiting to discover the whole world and take whatever challenge in my future life.

I watched the lecture from Prof. Randy Pausch on Youtube. He said something very important: "The brick walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things!!" The brick walls are only there to stop people who don't want things badly enough. Here is the link of the brief version and the introduction of Prof. Pausch.

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=mSrYhRi5WNI&feature=related

Richard told me about the same thing, telling me to keep trying and do not easily give up what I really want. I found it interesting so I sent the link to him. He replied me saying that he found this lecture last year and watched it all the way through during his work. He tried to get in touch with Prof. Pausch for an interview during his business trip in Boston, but he never got a reply. Well, it's understandable since the professor had cancer and could only live for another few weeks or months since this last lecture(Sept. 2007)

I should be grateful that I'm healthy and my families are also all healthy. I admire Prof. Pausch's attitude toward his life, his career, and his family. Even before he's dying, he still lived a happy life. I really should stop complaining and just do the things I need to do.

Be focus!!! Richard has been very supportive and showed his love to me. Be thankful, too!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a motivation video it is!

Anonymous said...

加油加油加油~~~~~~~~~
話說我到今天才學會怎麼留言= =