Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cute Houses

I was watching TV during lunch time. The program "Euromaxx" from DW-TV was introducing a series of cute housing in Europe. These 2 are my favorite ones:

http://www.loftcube.net/

This is the Loftcube. It's in Berlin. Not only the style is very simple and neat, but you can build it everywhere you want(technically...). Moreover, you can move it to where you want by renting a helicopter to hang it in the air!!! You can stay in the house while the helicopter moves your loftcube, just like having a bird's eye view tour from your own house through the trip. Amazing~~ I want one!!!


And here is another interesting house in Switzerland(near Zurich, I think...), called Earth Houses

http://www.erdhaus.ch/main.php?fla=y&lang=en&cont=start

There are several projects going on in different places. It's stylish and energy efficient. I have a feeling that it looks like Shire (The Hobbits' residences in The Lord of The Ring movie) when I first saw it. You can live within a community or be isolated in your own villa, just depends on what you need. Cool housing~~

I like them both. For me, the Loftcube is suitable for a single, and the Earth House is perfect for a family. Different usage. :)

What do you think??

No comments: