Wednesday, October 3, 2007

3 parties

at Baker Beach

As title, I went to 3 parties on Saturday. The first BBQ party was at school at noon and was held by our department. I talked with one of our professors who once lived in Paris. I asked him a little bit about his feeling of working in Europe and also asked him if he has ever been to Germany. He said yes and it is a beautiful place and maybe I could consider finding a job there. (but need to learn some German in advance).

The second one was a BBQ held by some of the freshly graduated alumni of our program. It was at the beach called Fort Point under the Golden Gate Bridge. I went there with my classmates, Lin, Ben, Annie, and Juan. We were all in Lin's car. Before going to the BBQ, we went to the other side of the bridge called Baker Beach. I've been there 2 years ago.

Baker Beach

Fort Point


It was still beautiful and there were lots of people taking sunbath on the beach.(Of course no one was in the water, it was too cold!!) The weather that day was really nice, the sky was still clear at 4pm. Usually in the evening, the bridge and the beach are covered by heavy fog....So, we're lucky!! During the BBQ, I talked with one guy who just graduated from my program and now is searching for a job. From his experience, it seems that it's not easy to get a job here in financial field. I started to wonder if I should begin to search for an internship and start to work from next semester, since working experience is more important than the academic performance in this country....But in this case, I'll not be able to take the CFA exam in June then have to postpone the exam to next December. I was confused and did not know which way is a better for me. Of course I discussed it with my classmates and still haven't get a conclusion....

Anyway, it was a beautiful day and we didn't want to ruin it because of this future uncertainty. We (Ben, Juan, Lin, and me) then started to play volleyball together on the grass and Annie caught some crabs by the sea. I attached some pictures here. For more pictures, please go to my album
http://www.pixnet.net/ening13

Freshly caught crab!!


After the beach BBQ, we went to my classmate's newly moved-in place to have a small party. There I got 1/3 of glass of white wine and I passed out for a while.....I knew they went out to buy some Chinese food back for dinner, but I couldn't get up to help...but anyway, they're good guys and they wouldn't care. We only had 6 people but they got 9 dishes and one soup!! It was impossible to finish them all!! Thus each of us brought one dish home after the banquet...
haha~~ And I just finished that dish two nights before, after four more meals...

Lin's house (from left: Ben, Annie, me, Juan, Lin)

The Banquet


Fun time is over!!! My first final will be held next Friday!! Therefore, I'm busy studying these days. After the finals, my dad will arrive in SF and I'll have to be his tour guide for 4 days. Then, get to plan for my winter Germany trip and start to search for job opportunities!!!!

No comments: