Monday, May 25, 2009

I Jumped Out of a PLANE!!! Ahhhhh~~

i still can't believe that i really did it!! it was amazing.....(probably it was not me in me when i decided to do it....hahahaha)

Sky Diving



well, the story is like this:

my roommate Nassim has a friend, Winchell, who asked her if she wanted to go skydiving this weekend in Santa Barbara. Nassim then asked me if i wanted to go with her. she said i don't have to do the jump, but i can think about it before we depart. and which ever i decide, i can stay in the hotel with them for free. i was still hesitating on friday night and even on the road to Santa Barbara on Saturday morning. however, once we got there, i decided to do it, whatever the outcome will be......

we arrived there around noon but the sky wasn't clear and all the other people who were there before us got pulled back. so we just submitted the applications and went to the hotel to check-in, then came back later. after waiting for almost 5 hours, we finally got the harness up and ready to get onto the plane. the waiting part was long and boring and nervous and cold. once we got onto the plane, there's no turning back...

Harness Up



the first one to jump is another girl we don't know. she jumped when the plane reached 13,000 feet. i couldn't think when i saw her falling into the sky, my hands were cold and my body was shaking. then the plane went all the way up to 18,000 feet, we even needed the oxygen supply to help us breath smoothly. When the door of the plane opened again, Nassim was the first one to jump out, then was another friend Monica, then Winchell, and i was the last one to jump out.

there were 90 seconds of free fall, followed by the parachute flying. when the instructor and i fell out of the plane, we flipped over a few rounds and then started falling on our face down. he asked me to arch the body up like this: o/__/

Actually i couldn't remember how i was during the free fall. the only thing i remembered was my left ear hurt like hell because of the pressure. that distracted me a lot!! and the wind was so strong that i could barely close my mouth, and it was hard to breath as well. Then after the parachute was being opened, the view from the sky was great. the instructor and i were hanging around in the sky for a bit while, then i started to feel sick in my stomach.....it felt like having a sea sick or car sick. anyways, we landed safely on my feet(not my butt).

I can definitely tell you that this was the craziest thing i've ever done in my life, and i'm not going to do it again. I was in that momoent and i'm glad i survived. but i am still exhausted from the jump. probably it will take a while for me to fully recover from the shock i made to myself. by the way, i got the DVD of my jumping. maybe someday i'll show to you guys. (watching it still makes me think of the moment i jumped out of a plane!!)

The four BRAVE SKYDIVERS

3 comments:

nightspirit622 said...

What a brave girl. I must try it before I die.

Betty said...

yeah, do it this summer!!
come to santa barbara
18,000 feet is the highest you can do in california~

go man!!

neko said...

我要看dvd(伸)