Saturday, December 20, 2008

Work Starts!!

Finally, I got the job offer and started working since this Tuesday. That's a big relief!!

Basically, I'm using my F-1 on Optional Practice Training(OPT) visa, and it's only valid for 12 months. Because the OPT started at October 1st, and I didn't get the job until recently, this visa can only last till the end of September, 2009. If I want to stay here for longer period, I will have to apply for the H1-B visa for work authorization. That will be another hassle next year....

The job is so far ok. I'm now working in a branch of a Taiwanese bank, beginning as a dealer. I do hope this job will turn out to be a fun job, and I hope I will learn a lot from it as well.

4 more days will be X'mas. I only have one day off but I am going to Brazil for the new year on the 27th. I'm very happy and excited to go there because I can meet my dearest Richard and also my lovely friends, Renata and Herton.

Oh, I do look forward to the beautiful beaches and sunshines there in Brazil now, with the company of my beloved ones~~ : )

Merry X'ams and Happy New Year~~

No comments: