Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Shopping Season Begins~~

Thanksgiving is around the corner. Next week, Thursday, Turkey and Mashed Potatoes!!! Well, got to be careful not to gain weight!!!>__<

The weather is getting crazy here. Not as cold as the East Coast of course, but 2 days were relatively cold and following 2 days relatively warm for the past 2 weeks, it's very easy to get a cold!! One of my roommates, Paul, and my German tutor, Christian, were both getting quite sick since the Halloween!! I'm lucky that I didn't get a cold from any of them, maybe it's the jogging that works out!! I went to the German Consulate here in SF and applied for my German visa last week. And oh yes, I got the German visa and also received the German railroad pass this week. I bought the 6-days pass, which cost me $256 including shipping fee. God!! It' just too expensive!! Richard and I really have to figure out how to use this pass efficiently. I want to see Frankfurt (maybe also Heidelberg...), Berlin (for sure, because of the New Year Eve's concert of Berlin Philharmonic...), and maybe go to his parents' place (near Hamburg). But I think I'll spend most of the time in Munich since Richard still has to work during the weekdays. So, my trip will all depend on his working schedule. I'll be fine traveling alone in the city or some closer spots (like Neuschwanstein Castle) during he works. Hope the weather will not be too bad when I go there. Richard just told me that Munich has already been snowing this week and the weather is shitty bad....I don't want to be cold to death...>__<

School works are so far so good, still lots of assignments and quizzes to deal with. But I can handle them and I'm getting used to it. Studying has become a routine and I feel fine with doing it on a day-to-day basis. I hope I can keep my grades as good as last half quarter...

Last Saturday, I went to a movie, "American Gangster" with Ben. We were planning to see another one, "Into the Wild," but we didn't see it just because the show time was not match....The movie, ""American Gangster"(by Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe) was really good. It's not a traditional gangsters movies with so much violence, but is a movie talking about the twisted perspective of value and the decayed police system in the U.S. I like the way Denzel shows in the movie in a very low key. It's easy to being exaggerated when acting, but being in a low tone and still amazed the audience is the real actor!! It's worthy of spending 6 dollars in the movie theater!! However, it was raining when we walked out of the theater. The sky was gray and the weather was chill. Not a good day though...

I went home and took a rest, and then I watched 2 DVDs at home with my roommates, Paul and Noel, later that night. One was "The Bourne Supremacy" by Matt Damon (Jason Bourne), the other one was the "Runaway Jury" by John Cusack, Gene Hackman, Dustin Hoffman and Rachel Weisz. Both of them are good. The Bourne movie was shot at Berlin. I saw the Berlin train station in the movie, it looks very nice, and the plaza in front of the station is beautiful. I said to my roommates that I'll be there in 1 month, trying to show off to them and make them jealous of me about my forthcoming exciting tour there. Hahahaha~~

2 more classes for this week and next week, then I'll have 6 day-offs for the Thanksgiving!! Yeah~~~~^___^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how's your thanksgiving holiday? It sounds like you are great.Hey, how is going? Do you have any plan to come back during winter vacation?

Betty said...

Dear,

I will not go back to Taiwan this year. Maybe even not next year. :p

If I have any plan going back, I'll let you know for sure!

I'll update my holiday life soon.