Thursday, August 16, 2007

SF Adventure--New Beginning~


Dear All,

I've been in San Francisco for almost 3 weeks!!! Things here are so far so good. Some of my families came with me on Aug.1 and they've already gone back to Taipei on Sunday(Aug.12). I felt relieved when they left, but also a bit lonely, since I was always busy hanging out with them, and having no time to really settle down my own stuff. But I'm fine now. There are still a lot of things to do within this 2 weeks. I've got my desk and chair delivered the other night. Now I have to arrange another delivery for the rest of my furniture. Will post on some pictures of my room after everything is done. ^__^

I have to attend the International Student Orientation this Friday(Aug.17), and my roommates are going to held a small welcome dinner party for me on Friday night. School starts on Aug.27, so I still have some leisure time for relaxing and get accustomed to the living environment here.

Honestly, I like Boston and Cambridge better. SF is a beautiful city for sure, however, I can hear a lot of Chinese, Cantonese, and even Taiwanese here!! Also, the bus is full of Chinese(or Asians),
which makes me feel that I'm not in the U.S. but in some big Asian City....The most serious thing that I can't stand is the homeless people and very weird people on the streets. I feel nervous and scared sometimes while I'm waiting for the bus alone at late night(9-10pm). Actually, one of my roommates just got a punch on his nose by a teen-aged black boy at the bus stop near our apartment!! He didn't do anything to that boy but just answered a few questions he asked, then the insane boy punched him without any early warning!! What a Shock!! Although this is not my first time being in SF, I still can't get used to this strange situation. Fortunately, I'm not living in downtown but close to the Golden Gate Park, which is much quiet and safer(well, that punch event doesn't happen everyday...) My class will be hold in downtown every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning for this fall term. That means I can go back to school or home in the afternoon and stay away from the crazy and crowded Union Square. I think I'll only go there when I really need to do some shopping...

Anyway, besides the above complaint, things are so far so good here. My roommates are all nice people, and I have a quiet but convenient neighborhood. I'm also not far from my school, the GG Park and the Alamo Square.

Oh, another thing which is not so good is the WEATHER!!! It's too cold here!!! Come on!! It's summer time!! How come it's so chilly at this place?? Totally can't get used to it, especially I arrived from a very warm place.....I was a little bit ill at the first few days here....

I went to some other places with my families last week. Carmel, Monterey, and 17 Miles Drive. It was a one day tour and everything there is so different from SF or Boston. It's another kind of relaxing style of living. And on Wednesday(Aug.8), I was on another 3-days tour to Oregon, including 4 national parks(Red Wood and others...) The scenery there is absolutely beautiful. The weather there was also great. Although the bus ride seemed to take forever, it's still worth of going those places. Will also post on more pictures of these places later.

This is my new blog. Hopefully I'll have enough time to write down more articles about my life here after school starts. ^__^

Ciao~~

1 comment:

Nartaya said...

Hey~
Glad to know everything is fine with you. Your new blog looks really nice! Looking forward to more adventures from you. :-)

Hippo